edited by Adrienne Hovey
The Dog Trainer’s Resource 3: The APDT Chronicle of the Dog Collection
Edited by Adrienne Hovey
Publisher: Dogwise Publishing
Publication Year: 2014
Format: Trade Paperback
From the back cover:
“The mission of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) is ‘to advance excellence in the profession of dog training and behavior consulting.’ One of the important ways that the APDT carries out its mission is through the publication of scholarly and practical articles in The APDT Chronicle of the Dog, our award-winning publication. The Chronicle is designed to help new and experienced dog professionals learn from the most progressive thinkers in the world of dog behavior and training as well as the most successful business people in the field.
In this volume, containing the best articles from the past few years, The Dog Trainer’s Resource 3 places a special emphasis on developing skills in areas where many trainers may lack experience, like specialized training protocols and improving business practices for profitability and longevity.
Learn more about:
- The often controversial concept of emotions in dogs. Do dogs experience emotions? If so, how do their emotions compare with those of people and what does the latest research say?
- Working with shelters to help them train dogs to make them more adoptable.
- The latest research on the role of play and games in training dogs, including in class situations. Find out how you can use the dog’s desire to play to become a more effective trainer and get owner compliance with training by making it more fun.
- How to run your training business in a professional and profitable manner. Trainers love to train, but need business skills too.
- Developing expertise in training and rehabilitating aggressive and reactive dogs. Committed owners want to help their pets live more stress-free lives and trainers often need special skills to make this happen.
- How to evaluate the statistical data that frequently appears in articles and books on behavior. Is what you read based on solid or shaky analysis?”
|Dimensions||25.3 × 17.8 × 2.1 cm|